Friday, August 28, 2009
I've never played along with Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta, but there's a first time for everything! And besides, we Wisconsin bloggers need to stick together. Let me explain.
I awarded some bloggy bling the other day. One of the recipients, Mrs. 4444, said she would accept my award only if I participated in one of her blog's rituals. It's called Stupid Human Tricks.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
- “The Honest Scrap” award must be shared.
- The recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves that no one else knows.
- The recipient has to pass along the award to 10 more bloggers.
- Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given this award.
- Those 10 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.
I've never done this before, so please be patient and kind. First of all, a little about me:
- I'm the youngest in my family; my Mom calls me Ella Numera Dos. "END"...get it?
- My Mom has a blog. So does my Aunt in Wisconsin. So does my Aunt in San Francisco. And my Dad, too. I guess you could say we're a Blogging Family!
- I've known Amy, the source of this Bloggy Bling, since I was 8.
- I've always loved photography. My Mom just found a box of old photos, showing my earlier "work." Some day I might share. NOT!
- I originally wanted to be a fashion photographer. The Virginia Tech massacre happened in April 2007. One of my Mom's students died in Norris Hall. Now I'm leaning toward photojournalism, or some kind of documentary photography.
- I'm known as "Iron Butt" on road trips. I never want to stop, 'cause I always want to get there!
- I love my cat, Patchy, more than anyone knows...
- I've been a competitive swimmer since I was 5. I'm not quite sure if I love swimming, but I keep doing it. I swim for my college team now, the Lawrence University Swim Team...LUST for short!
- I hate to be around other people who are chewing gum. The smacking drives me crazy!
- I am a woman of few words. I like to listen more than I like to talk. I'm a great observer, which helps me in my photography, too.
OK, that's all about me. And now I'd like to give the Honest Scrap Award to a few of you bloggers who keep coming back to see me.
- Keep in Touch with Mommakin
- If Mom Says OK
- Knit 1, Kids 4
- Turtle Droppings
- Pseudonymous High School Teacher
- Half-Past Kissin' Time
- Carma Sez
- Eat Your Veggies!
- Miss Jo's San Francisco
- Bloggin' It From the Burbs
And I feel weird not posting a photo today, so here's a random one for ya. It's a snap of the LUST seniors at their last meet. I like the happy/sad emotion here...
PS: The Lens Day theme this week is "Flying." I think I can make the case that the bloggers I've listed all fly high...and the swimmers do, too. The emotion in this shot is off the charts, I'd say.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
I spent the summer being a swimmer.
Monday, August 3, 2009
I shot this with one of those Kodak underwater cameras. I think my Mom bought it at the local CVS. These kids are on my college swim team. They're celebrating the end of the conference meet. The title of the photo comes from our team's "theme song" from last season..."I'm on a Boat," by The Lonely Island.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
OK, freegal's Madre here. I've taken over her space today to wish the kiddo a Happy Birthday. Oh, also to show y'all that while she's the gifted photographer around here, others in the familia know a Superior Snap when they see one.
Here's a shot of freegal & her kitty cat, Patch, from When the World Was Very Young. If you'd like to see a more up-to-date snap, please visit The Scholastic Scribe. We could always use some more folks to help us celebrate!
We're also participating in Camera Critters. Although she's definitely getting up in years, Patch is still a pretty cute critter!